Ordering a commission is easy:
1. You can send your photos with commission inquiries to me by emailing them to email@example.com, or messaging via my Facebook page. Let me know what style of portrait you want and which size you require (please see below for a full list) and we can agree upon the best way to go forward.
2. Once received I will reply with a no-obligation quote (*shipping quote will be provided in addition when required).
3. A 25% non-refundable deposit will be required for work to commence.
4. Your artwork will then be created. If requested, updates can be forwarded to you as your portrait progresses.
5. The remaining balance is payable either by instalment as agreed between us or in one lump sum. No artwork is sent until full payment has been received.
Choosing a photograph:
1. If you already have photographs you would like me to use then these need to be in focus and a true likeness of the subject’s colouration (and where wildlife is concerned the photographs need to be free from copyright).
2. Good quality reference photographs will always help me to achieve a high level of realism in my paintings. Don’t be afraid to send me multiple images, not all poses are ideal so it’s great to have options open.
How long will it take?
Wait times are dependent upon workload at the time of ordering, so please allow plenty of time if a desired date needs to be met (~60 days).
1. All publishing or reproduction (whether full or derivative) of all artworks remain with Allison Dakin and can therefore be used by Allison for promotional purposes such as advertising.
2. Please let me know if you would like your commission to remain private until a certain date (ex: a surprise gift) and I’ll be happy to keep it a secret.
All of my artwork is completed with the highest quality, artist grade materials to ensure the longevity of your investment.